Monday, October 15, 2007

Spoon at First Avenue

Spoon played two shows last week in Minneapolis. I was able to get to both. This was obviously a big deal to me, as anyone who has ever read this blog knows that I kind of have an obsession with the band.

10.10.07
Utilitarian
Minor Tough
Fitted Shirt
Anything You Want
Small Stakes
Way We Get By
Stay Don't Go
Vittorio E
The Beast and Dragon, Adored
The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine
My Mathematical Mind
I Summon You
I Turn My Camera On
Don't Make Me a Target
The Ghost of You Lingers
You Got Yr Cherry Bomb
The Underdog
Black Like Me

ENCORE
Chips and Dip
Me and the Bean
Don't You Evah
Quincy Punk Episode



I don't know what to say about it that won't sound like fangirl gushing. It was fantastic. An absolutely solid show. I was in the front row, right in front of Britt and got some (in my opinion) excellent shots.

IMG_0044

IMG_0063

IMG_0068

IMG_0122

You can see more on my flickr.

The Thursday night show (10.11.07, for those keeping track) was also amazing. I did write down the setlist, but I'll have to edit that in to this post later, as I do not have it with me.

I was very impressed with the way that the songs off of Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga sounded. I had heard "You Got Yr Cherry Bomb" and "Don't Make Me a Target" when Britt played in Portland last year, but had yet to hear them with a band.

The thing that I personally love about Spoon is that they're a solid band. They sound like their albums when they play live, and yet they're not stale. They have an energy about them and they have that 'je ne sais quoi'.

Overall, both nights were excellent and I'm sad that I'll have to wait for who knows how long until I get to see them again.

So it goes.

No comments: